Colorbar relaunched its entire nailpolish collection as ‘1001 shades of Love‘ and I bought a few shades (Haul post HERE). I have previously reviewed a gorgeous burnt orange shade ‘Italian Spice’ HERE. In this post I am reviewing a beautiful speckled nailpolish from the Arteffects range – Pepper Pink.
Price: Rs 199 for 10 ml
Expiry : 3 years
Colorbar Arteffects Nail Lacquer Pepper Pink Review
- Colorbar has not revamped the packaging, it is the same as previous bottle, only with a couple of tweaks. The colorbar logo now has a heart instead of ‘B’, and the cap of the nail polish is brown chrome color with new hearts logo of Colorbar on top. Other than this, the packaging and the brush is same as their last packaging (Read more about packaging and brush HERE)
- Being a speckled polish, pigmentation is semi sheer and gives decent opacity in 2 coat. The semi sheer consistency brings out the hexagonals beautifully.
- The formula is creamy and non streaky.
- It dries quick.
- Pepper Pink is a beautiful soft pastel pink color with matte flecks of small black glitter, medium glitter and large hexagonals of different sizes. The swatches below are 2 coats.
Psssst, check a top coat of chunky black and golden glitter by Maybelline HERE
- Pricewise this is a good buy for the quantity.
- Colorbar claims it is formulated with a 7-free formula: without formaldehydes, formaldehyde resin, DBP, toluene, camphor, paraben, and xylene.
- The removal part is quite a pain, but you can use a peel off base coat (like the one reviewed HERE), or use the foil method of glitter removal (Tutorial HERE). It will save you a lot of time and effort as the small glitter is hard to remove on its own.
Nykaa has a similar speckled nailpolish collection- Cookie Crumble and you may find a dupe for this nailpolish. Pricewise, nailpolish from both the brands are equally priced.
one coat of nailpolish
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Maybelline nailpolish has been my favorite since the launch of Superstay range (Kiko is another close fav brand). I have quite a few nailpolish from this range and I have already reviewed two shades: Uptown Blue (pastel blue color, right one in pic above) and Sunkissed (pastel peach color). The color range is quite good and they keep launching new color collection in this range like Ink collection, City Nudes, Summer bliss, Super impact collection etc. In this post I am reviewing a pastel baby pink color – Pink in the Park.
Price: Rs 350 for 10 ml
Maybelline Superstay Gel Nail Color Pink in the Park
- Maybelline Superstay Gel nail polish comes in a flat, glass packaging with white cap. The shade name is stickered at top and the list of ingredients is at the back in peel off sticker.
- Consistency of this nailpolish is creamy and pigmentation is top notch. It needs two coats for full color and dries to glossy finish.
- These are fast drying nailpolish
- The application brush of these nailpolish is my favorite of all. The flat, wide, U-curve brush makes the application breezy and less prone to error, especially around cuticles.
- Pink in the Park is a bright baby pink color which looks beautiful on the nails. It is pale and vibrant at the same time. I love pastel nail colors and this one is perfect for summers.
- The nail polish stays put for 5-6 days with minor tip wear. You can prolong the wear time by applying a top coat.
- Even though this range is pricey compared to other nailpolish in the market, but the quality is so much better. You should own at least one to know the difference.
- Pastel colors generally make the complexion look tad darker, specially for dusky beauties. So try the shades at counters first if it bothers you.
Overall, Maybelline Superstay Gel nail color in shade Pink in the Park is a beautiful pastel pink color which is perfect for spring/summer. The color is bright and pale at the same time. The formula is creamy and highly pigmented. The wide, U-shaped brush makes the application incredibly easy. These are long lasting nailpolish and will last for 5-6 days at least if you wear it with a top coat. The formula is top notch. I love pastel colors and I am definitely going to repurchase it.