Colorbar has recently launched its ‘1001 Shades of Love’ collection and I bought a few shades from Colorbar’s official website. See the shades I picked in Haul post HERE. I am reviewing a gorgeous brownish orange shade – Italian Spice in this post.
Price: Rs 199 for 10 ml
Expiry: 3 years
Colorbar Nail Lacquer Italian Spice Review
- Colorbar has relaunched its entire nail polish collection as ‘1001 Shades of Love’. These 1001 Shades are categorized under different range : Luxe range, Matte range, Arteffects range etc. Italian Spice is from the normal range of Colorbar nail lacquer.
- Colorbar has not revamped the packaging, it is the same as previous bottle, only with a couple of tweaks. The colorbar logo now has a heart instead of ‘B’, and the cap of the nail polish is brown chrome color with new hearts logo of Colorbar on top. Other than this, the packaging and the brush is same as their last packaging (Read more about packaging and brush HERE)
- Pigmentation is amazing and gives full opacity in 1 coat. I still apply two coats for better wear time.
- Consistency is creamy and application is uniform and non streaky. It dries quick.
- Italian Spice is a beautiful burnt orange/ rust color with glossy finish. This shades reminds me of Halloween and will make a pretty Fall color.
- Colorbar’s website depicts this color as proper brown, but in reality this is more orange than brown. If you buy through the Colorbar official website, don’t trust the colors shown there.
- Pricewise this is a good buy for the quantity.
- Colorbar claims it is formulated with a 7-free formula: without formaldehydes, formaldehyde resin, DBP, toluene, camphor, paraben, and xylene
Pssst, if you are looking for similar shade in a lip product, check out THIS liquid lipstick by Chambor.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I have a few Sugar Tip Tac Toe nailpolish which I never seem to be able to review on the blog. Sugar has a wide range of nail lacquers under different finish and this is from the metallic range. I have reviewed another metallic shade from this range- ‘Deep Down Diopside‘ (beautiful sea green color) and a few shades from the Arabian Nights range HERE. In this post I am reviewing a gorgeous blue shade – Sapphire Straits.
Price: Rs 299 for 10 ml
Shelf Life: 2 years
Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer Pro Sapphire Straits Review
- Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer come in cuboidal glass packaging with black cap.
- The nailpolish bottle is housed in cardboard packaging with all necessary details on the sides. The shade name is written on a tiny sticker along the side of the cardboard packaging, so it is difficult to sort if you stash the polish along with its outer packing.
- The brush is short and straight ended which makes the application messy around the curve of nail bed. I like U-shaped brush like in THIS nailpolish.
- Tip Tac Toe Pro nail lacquer is amazingly pigmented and gives full coverage in one coat itself.
- Like any metallic nail color, this nailpolish is bit streaky so you need to apply it carefully to avoid visible brush strokes.
- Sapphire Straits is a gorgeous metallic icy blue color. The shade looks nothing like sapphire (which is dark blue)
- Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer Pro dries really fast. One of the fastest drying polishes I have tried (and I have tried many! :D). This makes it perfect for times when you want to apply in jiffy.
- Tip Tac Toe nail polish have Nine-free formula: No parabens, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde resin, acetone and ethyl tosylamide.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I bought a few shades from 24 ct range of Colorbar nailpolish when they hadn’t revamped their nailpolish packaging. This is an amazing range with wide variety of gold shades. But now Colorbar has rebranded these shades under their Arteffects nailpolish range. The packaging of Olive Gold is like the pic above. I have already reviewed other gorgeous shades from Arteffects 24 ct range – Liquid Gold, Pinken Gold.
Price: Rs 350 for 12 ml
Colorbar Arteffects Luxe Nail Lacquer Olive Gold Review
Colorbar has now standardized the nailpolish packaging. The swatch pics below are of old packaging. The new packaging looks like THIS and is thick, cube glass bottle which feels heavy. The brush is short and stout but wide enough to pick enough product for 1 coat application. The shade name is stickered at the bottom.
Olive gold as the name suggests is a beautiful yellow toned gold color with faint olive tones. It has a very faint pearly finish which makes it more attractive. The consistency is quite sheer and takes 3 coats for full opacity. It dries very quickly and by the time you are done with first coat on all fingers, you can immediately start with next coat.
Colorbar claimed 24 ct range had duochrome effect, and to be honest I didn’t see any duochrome action with this nailpolish. But this is a beautiful shade nevertheless. Olive Gold is my favorite kind of gold color and if you like such shades, definitely check this one. This nailpolish will suit all skin tones across all age groups.
Wear time for this nailpolish is okay and chipping starts after 3-4 days. Price wise, it is okay for the quantity (12 ml).
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Kiko has an amazing nail polish collection, both in low price range and high range and I own a few Kiko Milano nail polish (Haul post HERE). The shade selection in every range is vast. Kiko Milano keeps launching new makeup collection every now and then and last year added a few shades to its Power Pro range. I have reviewed a limited edition nail lacquer from this range- shade Mermaid Pink HERE, and in this post I am reviewing another recently launched shade from the collection – 90 Multicolour Mauve.
Price: Rs 550 for 11 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Kiko Power Pro Special Nail Lacquer 90 Multicolour Mauve Review
- Kiko Milano Power Pro nail lacquer comes in cuboidal glass packaging with double cap and rounded edges. The outer rounded square cap removes to reveal an easy grip striated brush cap. Kiko Milano logo is engraved on top of both the caps.
- Shade number is written at the back on the peel off sticker booklet. Kiko doesnot write shade names, but only numbers on their products.
- The brush is amazing. It is larger than normal ones, densely packed with rounded edge and follows the shape of nails without staining the skin. The brush helps a lot in fast and mess-free application. Full points for the brush.
- Consistency of Power Pro nail lacquer is neither thick, nor runny and pigmentation is rich. It takes 2 coats for full opacity.
- Like almost all Kiko Milano nailpolish, Power Pro nail lacquer dries really fast.
- The shade Multicolor Mauve 90 is a beautiful copper, red and golden shimmer suspended in mauve base. The mauve tones are more visible in single coat and with two coats the copper shimmer overpowers the mauve base color. The shimmer is very heavy and the overall color looks beautiful, especially in direct light/ flash.
- I don’t think the shade is VERY extraordinary (unlike THIS shade by Kiko), and you can find a dupe in Indian market easily.
- Wear time is 4-5 days without chipping, which is impressive.
- This is bit expensive but the quantity is big.
- The shade Multicolour Mauve 90 looks elegant yet modern and makes a perfect fall color. It can be carried off by women of all age groups.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Nykaa launched Unicorn Potion range sometime back and I immediately bought two shades from this range. Although Nykaa describes this as ‘Holographic’ polish, these are NOT holographic in any sense. A couple of shades may be duochrome but none of them is Holographic. For the record, THIS is a true Holographic polish. I have reviewed a gorgeous lavender-blue duochrome shade- Frosted Fairy from this range HERE and in this post I am reviewing the shade Mystical Mermaid.
Product description: Be a mermaid and makes waves with our Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Mystical Mermaid. This stunning blue shade is formulated with iridescent pink and silver pearls that give your pinkies an ocean-inspired holographic effect. Dip your pinkies in this magnificent shade and blow some kisses!
Price: Rs 199 for 9 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel Mystical Mermaid review
- Like all Nykaa Nail Enamel, Unicorn Potion range comes in sleek rectangular packaging with brand name at front and product details at the back.
- Unicorn Potion Nail enamel range has an interesting packaging with elongated and pointed cap (copy of Louboutin nailpolish?). The rose gold color of the cap with chrome finish is attractive. The pointed cap makes it bit difficult to store compactly, but otherwise the packaging is stunning and looks quite fancy.
- The shade name is stickered along the side.
- Mystical Mermaid is a surf-blue color with slight pink iridescence. It has blue and pink microshimmer which gives an overall pearl effect. This is a soft color and looks really subtle and pretty. All the shades in this range have a blue shimmer shift which is visible from different angles.
- The consistency of this nailpolish is on the sheer side and needs 3 coats for full coverage. I like to wear this nailpolish on its own without any base color. Wearing a white/ black base color will change the color of the nailpolish.
- There is a slight streaking so you have to apply carefully.
- The brush is long and picks enough quantity for one coat application.
- Staying power for these nailpolish is amazing and lasted 5 days with minor chipping on my hands.
XOXO, Blossom 🙂
Kiko Milano is currently my favorite nailpolish brand and I have hoarded so many nailpolish over time (Haul post HERE :P). Kiko Milano keeps launching new collections and the Holographic collection was launched quite sometime back. I have reviewed the shade ‘004‘ previously in THIS post and recently I came across this silver shade from the same collection. Kiko Milano has some good offers and discounts so keep an eye if you have a store nearby. Although this collection is mostly out of stock now as it was a limited edition, you can still get a few shades and that too at half price than when it was newly launched.
Price: Rs 270 for 10 ml
(Rs 550 when it was newly launched)
Kiko Milano Holographic nail lacquer 001 review
- Kiko Milano Holographic Nail Lacquer comes in round glass bottle with black cap. The cap is removable and the brush cap underneath is striated for better grip..
- Shade number and other details are stickered at the back in form of booklet (which has 6 pages btw!).
- Kiko Milano doesnot have names for its products, only numbers.
- The brush is short and not too wide but picks up enough quantity for one coat application.
- Pigmentation is slightly sheer and formula is smooth and easy to apply. It builds to full opacity in 2-3 coats, depending on how thick coats you apply.
- It dries fairly quickly and there is no waiting between application of multiple coats.
- Kiko Milano Holographic nail polish in shade 001 is a light grey color with beautiful holographic microshimmer. The holo effect is heavily visible under sunlight/ flash and faintly visible indoors. Shade 004 has more prominent holo effect than this one. Indoors, shade 001 looks light grey color with slight pearl finish
- The holo effect is not in-your-face kind, but is subtle and fine. I have taken pics under different lighting to show the depth of holo.
- Wear time is 4-5 days without chipping.
- Price wise this is not expensive for the quantity.
- If you are not much into holo effect and like glitter nailpolish more, do check out a beautiful silver nailpolish from Lakme HERE.
Sugar cosmetics launched Arabian Nights collection in its Tip Tac Toe Pro nailpolish range a few months back and I immediately purchased two shades from this range. I have already reviewed the shade Beauty with Bronze (stunning bronze color) and in this post I am reviewing a gorgeous shade Golden Green.
Price: Rs 299 for 10 ml
Shelf Life: 2 years
Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer Pro Golden Green Review
- Sugar cosmetics Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer comes in their signature cuboidal bottle with square cap. The nailpolish bottle is housed in cardboard packaging which contain all the necessary manufacturing and other details.
- The brand name is printed at the front of the bottle cap and brand logo at the top. The shade name is stickered at the bottom of the polish. I had some issue with the cap of another nailpolish by Sugar (read about it HERE) and thankfully this nailpolish bottle is fine.
- Sugar Cosmetics has such fun names for their shades– be it nailpolish or lipsticks. But the name ‘Golden Green’ for this gorgeous nailpolish is rather boring.
- I am not very impressed with the brush of Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquers. The straight ended brush always makes a mess around the nail bed during application.
- Golden Green is a gorgeous moss green color with heavy green, olive-gold and bronze shimmer. The shimmer is very fine and reflects the light so beautifully. The shift in color is towards olive tones.
- It dries to a smooth, glossy finish and doesnot have gritty or sandy texture (like THIS nailpolish). All the shades in this range have a black jelly base color with different colored shimmers. It looks almost foil like in direct light which takes the beauty of this shade to whole another level.
- The consistency is just right and pigmentation is decent. Being a jelly base it is slightly translucent in first coat, but gives full coverage in 2 coats.
- This nailpolish dries fast so you don’t have to wait much between application of multiple coats.
- Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer claim to be non-toxic with Nine-free formula, i.e., no parabens, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde resin, acetone and ethyl tosylamide.
- Sadly, it didn’t last that long as I wanted it to. I could see tip wear by the end of 2nd day and chipping after 4 days. The glossiness starts to fade after 2-3 days.
I have a similar shade in Revlon Nail Enamel (swatched HERE)- golden green glitter in black jelly base. The Revlon one has chunkier glitter and Sugar’s Golden Green has fine shimmer.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂