Sugar cosmetics launched 6 metallic shades in its Tip Tac Toe Pro Nail polish collection last year and I have a couple of shades with me. In this post I am reviewing the shade ‘Deep Down Diopside‘, which I received in one of the Fab bags (HERE).
Price: Rs 299 for 10 ml
Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer Pro Deep Down Diopside Review
- Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer come in cuboidal glass packaging with black cap.
- The nailpolish bottle is housed in cardboard packaging with all necessary details on the sides. The shade name is written on a tiny sticker along the side of the cardboard packaging, so it is difficult to sort if you stash the polish along with its outer packing. (THIS nailpolish by Chambor has a cute cutout in its cardboard packaging for easy spotting).
- The bottle cap being cuboidal in shape doesnot always sit in line with the bottle when you shut it tight. It will be tad loose if you try to keep the shape of bottle, and if you shut it tight the overall cuboidal shape is lost. THIS nailpolish by Sephora is perfect in this regard. The shade name is stickered at the bottom.
- The brush is short and straight ended which makes the application messy around the curve of nail bed. I like U-shaped brush like in THIS nailpolish.
- Tip Tac Toe Pro nail lacquer is amazingly pigmented and gives full coverage in one coat itself.
- Like any metallic nail color, this nailpolish is bit streaky so you need to apply it carefully to avoid visible brush strokes.
- Deep Down Diopside is a beautiful sea green color with hint of blue. Sugar describes it as emerald green, but this is not an emerald green color. I have done a huge post on Emerald green when it was Pantone color of the year, check HERE.
- This is a metallic shade with diffused shine, which looks attractive.
- Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer Pro dries really fast. One of the fastest drying polishes I have tried (and I have tried many! :D). This makes it perfect for times when you want to apply in jiffy.
- Lasts 4 days without chipping and with minor tip wear.
- Shade Deep Down Diopside is very very similar to Nykaa Mirror Chrome nailpolish in shade Lunar Green River. I have both and a comparison pic is at the end of this post.
- Tip Tac Toe nail polish have Nine-free formula: No parabens, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde resin, acetone and ethyl tosylamide.
See the similarity? Sugar Tip Tac Toe metallic nailpolish ‘Deep Down Diopside‘ is only tad brighter than Nykaa Mirror Chrome nailpolish ‘Lunar Green River‘. I will do a separate post on full comparison between these two polishes.
Overall, Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail lacquer Pro come in cuboidal glass bottle with cuboidal black cap. The cap does not always sit in line with the bottle when you shut it tight. The brush is short and straight which makes the application messy. The shade Deep Down Diopside is a gorgeous metallic sea green color with hints of blue. The pigmentation is insane and gives full opaque coverage in one coat itself. However, being a metallic finish it tends to be streaky and needs to be applied carefully. It dries super quickly. I will definitely purchase more shades from the range.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂