Kiko has an amazing nail polish collection and it keeps launching new limited edition makeup range every now and then. So after the Glitter Metal range and Holographic range of nailpolish, I am reviewing the recently launched Power Pro Special Nail lacquer collection in the shade 94 Mermaid Pink. Only two colors were launched in the ‘Special’ range and the other one is 95 Mermaid Violet.
Price: Rs 550 for 11 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Kiko Power Pro Special Nail Lacquer 94 Mermaid Pink Review
- Kiko Milano Power Pro nail lacquer comes in rounded cuboidal glass packaging with double cap. The outer rounded square cap removes to reveal an easy grip striated brush cap. Kiko Milano logo is engraved on top of both the caps.
- Shade number is written at the back on the peel off sticker booklet. Kiko doesnot write shade names, but only numbers on their products.
- The brush is amazing. It is larger than normal ones, densely packed with rounded edge and follows the shape of nails without staining the skin. The brush helps a lot in fast and mess-free application.
- Consistency of Power Pro Special nail lacquer is neither thick, nor runny and pigmentation is slightly sheer. The normal Power Pro nail polish, however, has slightly creamy texture and insanely rich pigmentation. The ‘Special’ nailpolish being slightly sheer, it takes 2-3 coats for full opacity.
- Like almost all Kiko Milano nailpolish, Power Pro nail lacquer dries really fast.
- The shade Mermaid Pink 94 is a beautiful light peach-pink color with two toned pearlescent effect, similar to the effect of mother of pearl. There is a slight shift in color to purple which looks beautiful.
- I don’t think the shade is VERY extraordinary (unlike THIS shade by Kiko), and an Indian dupe I could think of is shade ‘Pink Pony’ from Nykaa’s Unicorn Potion collection. Maybelline Colorshow also has a faintly similar color (sans the pearl effect)- Pink Voltage. Both these dupe shades are cool toned, whereas Mermaid Pink by Kiko Milano is bit warm toned. Also, Kiko one has a unique pearlescent effect.
- Wear time is 4-5 days without chipping, which is impressive.
- This is bit expensive but the quantity is big.
- The shade Mermaid Pink 94 has a unique elegance and can be carried off by women of all age groups. It will suit fair to medium skintones.
In the swatches below, I have worn it in 3 coats without any base color. In one of the pics I have used it as top coat over different base colors.
Base colors used (Left- Right): Kiko Power Pro 26, no base color, Kiko Power Pro 12, Kiko Power Pro11.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂