Nykaa launched Unicorn Potion range sometime back and I immediately bought two shades from this range. Although Nykaa describes this as ‘Holographic’ polish, these are NOT holographic in any sense. A couple of shades may be duochrome but none of them is Holographic. For the record, THIS is a true Holographic polish. I have reviewed a gorgeous lavender-blue duochrome shade- Frosted Fairy from this range HERE and in this post I am reviewing the shade Mystical Mermaid.
Product description: Be a mermaid and makes waves with our Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Mystical Mermaid. This stunning blue shade is formulated with iridescent pink and silver pearls that give your pinkies an ocean-inspired holographic effect. Dip your pinkies in this magnificent shade and blow some kisses!
Price: Rs 199 for 9 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel Mystical Mermaid review
- Like all Nykaa Nail Enamel, Unicorn Potion range comes in sleek rectangular packaging with brand name at front and product details at the back.
- Unicorn Potion Nail enamel range has an interesting packaging with elongated and pointed cap (copy of Louboutin nailpolish?). The rose gold color of the cap with chrome finish is attractive. The pointed cap makes it bit difficult to store compactly, but otherwise the packaging is stunning and looks quite fancy.
- The shade name is stickered along the side.
- Mystical Mermaid is a surf-blue color with slight pink iridescence. It has blue and pink microshimmer which gives an overall pearl effect. This is a soft color and looks really subtle and pretty. All the shades in this range have a blue shimmer shift which is visible from different angles.
- The consistency of this nailpolish is on the sheer side and needs 3 coats for full coverage. I like to wear this nailpolish on its own without any base color. Wearing a white/ black base color will change the color of the nailpolish.
- There is a slight streaking so you have to apply carefully.
- The brush is long and picks enough quantity for one coat application.
- Staying power for these nailpolish is amazing and lasted 5 days with minor chipping on my hands.
XOXO, Blossom 🙂
Nykaa launched Unicorn Potion range a couple of months back and it was a pleasant surprise to see such collection in Indian market. Although Nykaa describes it as ‘Holographic’ polish, these are NOT holographic in any sense. A couple of shades may be duochrome but none of them is Holographic. For the record, a true Holo polish should reflect light in full spectrum of colors, like THIS nailpolish does. Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel was launched in 5 shades and I have two shades with me. In this post I am reviewing my fav from this range- Frosted Fairy.
Product description: Glittering fairy dust and fairy wings, makes any girl dream of magical things! You are never too old for fairy tales with Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Frosted Fairy. This purple hue with pink and purple iridescent pearl gives the effect of having pixie dust on your tips. You can go ahead and call us your Fairy God Mother!
Price: Rs 199 for 9 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel Frosted Fairy review
All Nykaa Nail Enamel come in sleek rectangular packaging with brand name on front and product details at the back. Unicorn Potion Nail enamel range has an interesting packaging with elongated and pointed cap (copy of Louboutin nailpolish?). The rose gold color of the cap with mirror finish is attractive. The pointed cap makes it bit difficult to carry and store, but otherwise the packaging is stunning and looks quite fancy. The shade name is stickered along the side.
Frosted Fairy is quite a unique shade and I don’t have any such color. This color has perfect balance of blue and purple and pink to give an apt description of unicorns, fairies and pixie dust, how we imagine ’em to be! Frosted fairy is a lavender-blue duochrome color with slight pink iridescence. The shift between the colors is stunning. It has blue microshimmer which gives an overall pearl effect. This is a soft color and looks really subtle and pretty. If you have to pick one shade from this range, pick THIS shade. I have not seen a similar color in Indian market. All the shades in this range have a blue shimmer shift which is visible from different angles.
The consistency of this nailpolish is on the sheer side and needs 3 coats for full coverage. I like to wear this nailpolish on its own without any base color. Wearing a white/ black base color will change the color of the nailpolish. Frosted Fairy nailpolish applies evenly without streaking. The brush is long and picks enough quantity for one coat application.
Staying power for these nailpolish is amazing and it lasted 5 days with minor chipping.
The shade Frosted Fairy may look like it won’t suit deep complexions, but it does! This is such a pretty and unique nail color that you should definitely try it. This nailpolish color is already my mother’s current favorite 😛
Overall, Nykaa Unicorn Potion nail enamel come in rectangular glass packaging with interesting long and pointed rose gold cap. The packaging looks quite fancy. The shade Frosted fairy is a blue-lavender duochrome color with blue and pink iridescence. The color shift looks gorgeous. The consistency is sheer and builds to full opacity in 3 coats. The brush is long and picks enough quantity for single coat. Staying power is good and lasts 5 days with minor chipping. Frosted fairy shade is quite a unique color and will suit all Indian skintones. I will definitely repurchase this.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I don’t have many Sephora products (only a couple eyeliners, HERE) and this is my first Sephora nailpolish. There were not many options for nailpolish in the store as I was hoping (I was expecting Kiko like shade selections), but nevertheless I spotted this beautiful shade- Walk on the wild side which I am reviewing in this post.
Price: Rs 390 for 5 ml
Sephora Color Hit Nail polish Walk on the Wild Side Review
- Sephora Color Hit nailpolish comes in an interesting packaging– sleek, flat, oval shape which is so convenient to use, especially while opening. The cap lies nicely with the shape when you close it, unlike some nailpolish where you either have to keep it loose or make it too tight in order to make it sit in line with the bottle. Because of the sleek bottle design it doesn’t take much space in bag while travelling.
- The shade name is stickered on top and ingredient details is at the back in peel off sticker.
- The brush is amazing. It is short, wide with rounded edges, just the way I like it. It makes the application easy especially around cuticles.
- The consistency is creamy and pigmentation is topnotch. I was not expecting the pigmentation to be so good honestly. One coat gives opaque coverage and you can get away with wearing single coat only. I like to wear two coats just to intensify the color.
- The shade Walk on the Wild side is a gorgeous shimmery peacock green color which looks metallic and foil-like. It has slight duochrome effect with a golden sheen. The shade reminds me of mermaids.
- Walk on the wild side shade being metallic, it tends to get streaky with visible brush strokes, especially in one coat. So you have to be careful while applying.
- It dries down super quick. By the time you finish painting all 10 fingers, you can start with another coat almost immediately.
- Sephora nailpolish are quite pricey for the quantity. But there are some shades (like this one) which you wont find easily in other (Indian) brands.
- Wear time is ok. Lasted 4 days without chipping.
Avon Metallic nailpolish in shade ‘Jade Reflection’ (reviewed HERE) is a dupe, but it doesnot have the shimmering effect, depth and duochrome effect which Sephora Walk on the Wild side nailpolish does.
see the sleek design
Overall, Sephora nailpolish come in interesting and sleek oval glass packaging. The brush is wide with rounded corners which makes application easy around cuticles. The shade Walk on the Wild side is a gorgeous metallic peacock green color which looks foil like. The brush stroke are visible in one coat so you need to apply carefully. The pigmentation is amazing and goes opaque in single coat. Consistency is creamy and dries super quick. The only con I could find is that it is pricey for the quantity. I will purchase Sephora nailpolish only if I find an interesting shade.
Colorbar has rebranded the previous 24 ct range of nailpolish as Arteffects range and I have a few shades of the 24 ct range with me. I have already reviewed a gorgeous bronze gold shade- Liquid Gold HERE and in this post I am reviewing my favorite shade of the collection- Pinken Gold.
Price: Rs 325 for 12 ml
Colorbar Arteffects Luxe Nail Lacquer Pinken Gold Review
Colorbar has standardized the nailpolish packaging and you won’t find any of the previous cuboidal packaging at the counters now. The pics below are of old packaging. The new packaging is thick, cube glass bottle which feels heavy (same as in THIS review). The brush is short and stout but wide to pick enough product for 1 coat application. The shade name is stickered at the bottom. Being a bit heavy and huge, it takes up more space in storage than the previous packaging..
Pinken gold is a beautiful dark pink color with gorgeous orange duochrome effect. It has gold and pink microshimmer which gives an added depth to this beautiful color. The consistency is sheer in 1 coat and takes 2-3 coats for full opacity, depending on the thickness of coats you apply. It dries fast and there is no waiting time in between multiple coats application. Pinken Gold is a one of its kind shade with prominent duochrome effect. If you are fond of pink colors, do check this one. The shade is quite different and unique from other shades in Indian market. This nailpolish will suit all skin tones.
Wear time for this nailpolish is good and tip wear starts after 2-3 days (without top coat) on my dominant hand. Proper chipping sets in after 5-6 days. Price is a bit high but this is a big bottle (12 ml) so it is ok if you do the math, compared to other nailpolish in market (Maybelline’s Colorshow range is Rs 175 for 6 ml).
There are many naipolish in market claimed to have duochrome effect. But if you want true duochrome action, this is the nailpolish to look for.
Overall, Colorbar Arteffects Luxe Nailpolish comes in short, glass bottle which feels bulky and heavy compared to Colorbar’s previous packaging. The brush is short and slightly rounded which helps in clean application. The consistency is sheer and needs 3 coats for full coverage. Price wise, this nailpolish is okay for its price as the quantity is big (12 ml). The shade Pinken Gold is a gorgeous pink color with orange duochrome effect. It has pink and golden microglitter which adds a subtle depth to the color. It lasts 5-6 days with tip wear setting after 2-3 day (without top coat). It will suit all Indian skin tones. You don’t get to see true duochrome shades in Indian market and this one is worth the buy. I will definitely repurchase.