Kiko is definitely a brand to watch out for, a must try brand for any nailpolish lover. The shade range is insane and quality top notch! My love for Kiko Milano is already expressed in many posts (HERE), and I have many more nailpolish from Kiko still to review.
In this post I am reviewing another vibrant shade from their Power Pro collection- Kiko Milano Power Pro Nail Lacquer in shade 10 ‘Hibiscus Red’.
Some other shades from Kiko’s Power Pro range I have reviewed previously are:
90 (Multicolor Mauve)
94 (Mermaid Pink).
Price: Rs 550 for 11 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Kiko Power Pro Special Nail Lacquer 10 Hibiscus Red Review
- Kiko Milano Power Pro nail lacquer comes in cuboidal glass packaging with double cap and rounded edges. The outer rounded square cap is removable and reveals an easy grip striated brush cap. Kiko Milano logo is engraved on top of both the caps.
- Shade number is written at the back on the peel off sticker booklet. Kiko doesnot write shade names, but only numbers on their products.
- The brush is amazing. It is larger than normal ones, densely packed with rounded edge and follows the shape of nails without staining the skin. The brush helps a lot in fast and mess-free application.
- Consistency of Power Pro nail lacquer is slightly thick and very creamy. The thick consistency makes the nails look plump, almost like gel polish.
- Pigmentation is insane and 1 thick coat gives full opacity. I like to apply 2 thin coats.
- Kiko power Pro nail lacquer range is self-levelling so you do not end up with brush strokes.
- Kiko Milano Power Pro nail lacquer dries really fast. You barely have to wait between application of multiple coats.
- The shade 10 Hibiscus Red is not a true red but a bright coral red color which looks vibrant and lively on the nails. The finish is highly glossy.
- The shade looks a tad deeper on nails than what it looks in bottle.
- This is bit expensive but the quantity is big.
- Being a bright color, this will suit fair to medium skin tones.
- The shade 10 Hibiscus Red is a summery color which will brighten up the whole look.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Maybelline has just launched a new range in their Colorshow nail polish: Bright Mattes collection. There are 6 shades in this range, all in the shades of red family- orange, red and pink. I have 2 shades with me and I have already reviewed the shade Peppy Pink earlier. Here I am reviewing a beautiful bright red shade: Lively Rose.
Price: Rs 175
Maybelline Colorshow Bright Matte Lively Rose review
Maybelline Bright Matte collection comes in same packaging as the Colorshow range except that the bottle is frosted which looks chic. The shade name is stickered on the top and it looks a bit cheap as compared to other colorshow range which shade name engraved on the cap. The brush is short but okay, though I would have liked a broader brush for matte collection, as short/thin brush leads to streaking which is more prominent in matte finish.
Lively Rose is a gorgeous coral-red color with beautiful matte finish. The nailpolish is quite pigmented and one coat is sufficient to bring out the full color, still I have applied two coats in the swatches below. This is a bright, summery color and if you are looking for a bright orangish-red color, definitely check this shade out. This shade would suit all skin tones. The matte effect lasts for 2 days and it turns to normal finish after that. Matte nailpolish tends to chip early and I started to see tip wear, especially on my right (dominant) hand starting next day itself. On left hand, it started a bit late. Since the brush is thin, it led to streaking. But interestingly, it became normal as the matte effect started to fade after few days. Also, the color starts to deepen as the matte effect fades.
This range has only 6 colors, all in the shades of red family. I would have loved to see a wider spectrum of colors in this range. Even though the name says ‘Bright’, the range does not have bright colors except one or two (Lively Rose shade being one of them)
Overall this is a beautiful bright coral-red color and if you want to experiment with matte finish, definitely check this shade. Matte nailpolish tend to chip fast so this is not a long wearing nailpolish. Also, the shade range is narrow and covers only orange, pink and red. It would have been nice if it covered more shades.