I don’t have many Sephora products (only a couple eyeliners, HERE) and this is my first Sephora nailpolish. There were not many options for nailpolish in the store as I was hoping (I was expecting Kiko like shade selections), but nevertheless I spotted this beautiful shade- Walk on the wild side which I am reviewing in this post.
Price: Rs 390 for 5 ml
Sephora Color Hit Nail polish Walk on the Wild Side Review
- Sephora Color Hit nailpolish comes in an interesting packaging– sleek, flat, oval shape which is so convenient to use, especially while opening. The cap lies nicely with the shape when you close it, unlike some nailpolish where you either have to keep it loose or make it too tight in order to make it sit in line with the bottle. Because of the sleek bottle design it doesn’t take much space in bag while travelling.
- The shade name is stickered on top and ingredient details is at the back in peel off sticker.
- The brush is amazing. It is short, wide with rounded edges, just the way I like it. It makes the application easy especially around cuticles.
- The consistency is creamy and pigmentation is topnotch. I was not expecting the pigmentation to be so good honestly. One coat gives opaque coverage and you can get away with wearing single coat only. I like to wear two coats just to intensify the color.
- The shade Walk on the Wild side is a gorgeous shimmery peacock green color which looks metallic and foil-like. It has slight duochrome effect with a golden sheen. The shade reminds me of mermaids.
- Walk on the wild side shade being metallic, it tends to get streaky with visible brush strokes, especially in one coat. So you have to be careful while applying.
- It dries down super quick. By the time you finish painting all 10 fingers, you can start with another coat almost immediately.
- Sephora nailpolish are quite pricey for the quantity. But there are some shades (like this one) which you wont find easily in other (Indian) brands.
- Wear time is ok. Lasted 4 days without chipping.
Avon Metallic nailpolish in shade ‘Jade Reflection’ (reviewed HERE) is a dupe, but it doesnot have the shimmering effect, depth and duochrome effect which Sephora Walk on the Wild side nailpolish does.
see the sleek design
Overall, Sephora nailpolish come in interesting and sleek oval glass packaging. The brush is wide with rounded corners which makes application easy around cuticles. The shade Walk on the Wild side is a gorgeous metallic peacock green color which looks foil like. The brush stroke are visible in one coat so you need to apply carefully. The pigmentation is amazing and goes opaque in single coat. Consistency is creamy and dries super quick. The only con I could find is that it is pricey for the quantity. I will purchase Sephora nailpolish only if I find an interesting shade.