Nykaa launched Unicorn Potion range sometime back and I immediately bought two shades from this range. Although Nykaa describes this as ‘Holographic’ polish, these are NOT holographic in any sense. A couple of shades may be duochrome but none of them is Holographic. For the record, THIS is a true Holographic polish. I have reviewed a gorgeous lavender-blue duochrome shade- Frosted Fairy from this range HERE and in this post I am reviewing the shade Mystical Mermaid.
Product description: Be a mermaid and makes waves with our Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Mystical Mermaid. This stunning blue shade is formulated with iridescent pink and silver pearls that give your pinkies an ocean-inspired holographic effect. Dip your pinkies in this magnificent shade and blow some kisses!
Price: Rs 199 for 9 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel Mystical Mermaid review
- Like all Nykaa Nail Enamel, Unicorn Potion range comes in sleek rectangular packaging with brand name at front and product details at the back.
- Unicorn Potion Nail enamel range has an interesting packaging with elongated and pointed cap (copy of Louboutin nailpolish?). The rose gold color of the cap with chrome finish is attractive. The pointed cap makes it bit difficult to store compactly, but otherwise the packaging is stunning and looks quite fancy.
- The shade name is stickered along the side.
- Mystical Mermaid is a surf-blue color with slight pink iridescence. It has blue and pink microshimmer which gives an overall pearl effect. This is a soft color and looks really subtle and pretty. All the shades in this range have a blue shimmer shift which is visible from different angles.
- The consistency of this nailpolish is on the sheer side and needs 3 coats for full coverage. I like to wear this nailpolish on its own without any base color. Wearing a white/ black base color will change the color of the nailpolish.
- There is a slight streaking so you have to apply carefully.
- The brush is long and picks enough quantity for one coat application.
- Staying power for these nailpolish is amazing and lasted 5 days with minor chipping on my hands.
XOXO, Blossom 🙂
Kiko Milano is currently my favorite nailpolish brand and I have hoarded so many nailpolish over time (Haul post HERE :P). Kiko Milano keeps launching new collections and the Holographic collection was launched quite sometime back. I have reviewed the shade ‘004‘ previously in THIS post and recently I came across this silver shade from the same collection. Kiko Milano has some good offers and discounts so keep an eye if you have a store nearby. Although this collection is mostly out of stock now as it was a limited edition, you can still get a few shades and that too at half price than when it was newly launched.
Price: Rs 270 for 10 ml
(Rs 550 when it was newly launched)
Kiko Milano Holographic nail lacquer 001 review
- Kiko Milano Holographic Nail Lacquer comes in round glass bottle with black cap. The cap is removable and the brush cap underneath is striated for better grip..
- Shade number and other details are stickered at the back in form of booklet (which has 6 pages btw!).
- Kiko Milano doesnot have names for its products, only numbers.
- The brush is short and not too wide but picks up enough quantity for one coat application.
- Pigmentation is slightly sheer and formula is smooth and easy to apply. It builds to full opacity in 2-3 coats, depending on how thick coats you apply.
- It dries fairly quickly and there is no waiting between application of multiple coats.
- Kiko Milano Holographic nail polish in shade 001 is a light grey color with beautiful holographic microshimmer. The holo effect is heavily visible under sunlight/ flash and faintly visible indoors. Shade 004 has more prominent holo effect than this one. Indoors, shade 001 looks light grey color with slight pearl finish
- The holo effect is not in-your-face kind, but is subtle and fine. I have taken pics under different lighting to show the depth of holo.
- Wear time is 4-5 days without chipping.
- Price wise this is not expensive for the quantity.
- If you are not much into holo effect and like glitter nailpolish more, do check out a beautiful silver nailpolish from Lakme HERE.
Sugar cosmetics launched Arabian Nights collection in its Tip Tac Toe Pro nailpolish range a few months back and I immediately purchased two shades from this range. I have already reviewed the shade Beauty with Bronze (stunning bronze color) and in this post I am reviewing a gorgeous shade Golden Green.
Price: Rs 299 for 10 ml
Shelf Life: 2 years
Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer Pro Golden Green Review
- Sugar cosmetics Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer comes in their signature cuboidal bottle with square cap. The nailpolish bottle is housed in cardboard packaging which contain all the necessary manufacturing and other details.
- The brand name is printed at the front of the bottle cap and brand logo at the top. The shade name is stickered at the bottom of the polish. I had some issue with the cap of another nailpolish by Sugar (read about it HERE) and thankfully this nailpolish bottle is fine.
- Sugar Cosmetics has such fun names for their shades– be it nailpolish or lipsticks. But the name ‘Golden Green’ for this gorgeous nailpolish is rather boring.
- I am not very impressed with the brush of Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquers. The straight ended brush always makes a mess around the nail bed during application.
- Golden Green is a gorgeous moss green color with heavy green, olive-gold and bronze shimmer. The shimmer is very fine and reflects the light so beautifully. The shift in color is towards olive tones.
- It dries to a smooth, glossy finish and doesnot have gritty or sandy texture (like THIS nailpolish). All the shades in this range have a black jelly base color with different colored shimmers. It looks almost foil like in direct light which takes the beauty of this shade to whole another level.
- The consistency is just right and pigmentation is decent. Being a jelly base it is slightly translucent in first coat, but gives full coverage in 2 coats.
- This nailpolish dries fast so you don’t have to wait much between application of multiple coats.
- Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer claim to be non-toxic with Nine-free formula, i.e., no parabens, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde resin, acetone and ethyl tosylamide.
- Sadly, it didn’t last that long as I wanted it to. I could see tip wear by the end of 2nd day and chipping after 4 days. The glossiness starts to fade after 2-3 days.
I have a similar shade in Revlon Nail Enamel (swatched HERE)- golden green glitter in black jelly base. The Revlon one has chunkier glitter and Sugar’s Golden Green has fine shimmer.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I got this nailpolish in one of the Fab Bags sometime back and honestly I wasn’t too excited at the shade I got. I have always been biased towards bright and lively colors and I seldom purchase subtle shades. But when I tried it on I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful the color looks on nails. So ladies, in this post I am reviewing this gorgeous shade from Sugar Cosmetics Tip Tac Toe Matte Nail lacquer – Carpe Creme.
I have already reviewed two other Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquers: Beauty with Bronze (Arabian nights collection) and Deep Down Diopside (metallic range).
Price: Rs 249 for 10 ml
Shelf Life: 2 years
Sugar Tip Tap Toe Nail Lacquer Matte Carpe Creme Review
- Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail lacquers come in their standard glass cuboidal packaging with square cap. This nailpolish being matte, the glass bottle is frosted which looks attractive. Shade name is stickered at bottom of polish. The nailpolish bottle is housed in cardboard packaging which has all the details. The shade name is written on a tiny sticker on the cardboard packaging which makes it difficult to sort.
- The brush is short and straight ended which makes application messy around the cuticles if you are not careful. I prefer round edged brushes like THIS.
- All Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer are insanely pigmented and gives full opacity in single coat. I like to wear two coats just to be safe and to get an even finish.
- Matte nailpolish (like THESE) tends to get streaky during application but this nailpolish self-levels to some extent making the overall finish look even.
- Carpe Creme is a beautiful dirty mauve color with grey tones which looks subtle and is work appropriate. The matte effect looks stunning on this color.
- Tip Tac Toe Matte nail lacquer looks quick-drying, but give it some time to set as it appears to have dried but is still prone to get dents/ fabric marks.
- This is surprisingly long lasting for a matte finish. Tip wear is after 4-5 days which is impressive for a matte nailpolish.
- The matte finish starts to get dull after 2-3 days giving it a suede matte finish (shown on nails in THIS post) which also looks good on nails.
- Tip Tac Toe nail polish have Nine-free formula: No parabens, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde resin, acetone and ethyl tosylamide.
- This is a gorgeous work-appropriate and subtle color and will suit fair to medium skintones.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I have had this hair glossing serum from The Body Shop for a couple of years and somehow I could never write a review post for it. Usually The Body Shop products just doesn’t work for my hair. I have tried the Banana range (HERE) and Rainforest conditioner (HERE) and had horrible experience with both of them. This glossing serum looked promising at the time, read on to know how it fared.
Price: Rs 995 for 75 ml
Shelf Life: 3 years
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
- The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum comes in attractive light pastel green plastic packaging with pump mechanism. The pump is covered with a transparent cap which shuts tight making it travel friendly.
- The pump dispenses enough product in one go for shoulder length hair, but longer hair like mine will need 2 pumps.
- It smells amazing! I love the fragrance. It is citrusy and lingers on for a couple of hours. There have been a few times when I have applied this serum only for its smell (Though I am pretty sure I have smelled this fragrance as some car perfume :P)
- The consistency is like a thick oil but spreads quite easily and feels light weight on hair. It doesn’t feel greasy on hands either.
- I use this serum on damp towel dried hair and it instantly helps in managing tangles and making my hair smooth, soft and silky.
- I didn’t see much glossing effect on my hair. I have used this on completely dry hair as well to test the glossiness, and it adds a teeny bit of shine but weighs down the hair. You have to be careful about the quantity as a little amount goes a long way.
- It contains Grape seed oil which is lighter than olive or coconut oil, making it ideal for moisturizing and conditioning dry hair without making the hair greasy. Grape seed oil also helps to lock in moisture and prevent frizz, split ends, and brittle hair.
- I don’t have crazily frizzy hair but if you do, this serum will help in taming the frizz to a great extent.
- I love this serum and since only a little quantity is required, the bottle will last long.
- I would recommend this glossing serum to all hair types, except very thin hair as it will weigh your hair down.
(I have THIS nailpolish on my nails)
Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy range is one of the few nailpolish range which I fell head over heels in love with. I have already reviewed a beautiful coral pink color ‘Lady Luck‘ HERE, and in this post I am reviewing the shade ‘Wild Card‘ which is my most fav blue color.
Price: Rs 460 for 11.7 ml
Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel Wild Card Review
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Longwear range comes in a sturdy cylindrical glass bottle with long black cap (similar to its Colorstay range which now is discontinued). The shade name is stickered on top of the cap.
- The brush is amazing and helps in hassle free application. The brush is long, flat and double-barrel with tapered corners which helps in mess-free application especially around edges and cuticles.
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel are very richly pigmented and gives full color in single swipe.
- The consistency is creamy and slightly thick than usual nailpolish which makes it longer to dry.
- The shade Wild Card is a gorgeous cobalt blue color. This is quite a vibrant and bright color which make the nails pop, and it is hard not to notice such a vivid color on someone. I myself saw this color on SA, after which I couldn’t resist buying it.
- It has a glossy finish which starts to fade after 2-3 days.
- This is not a quick drying nailpolish and takes quite a while to dry completely. Even after it has ‘set’ you can end up with fabric marks. I was able to put a dent in it with my nail even after 2 days (This could also be because my nailpolish is bit old now).
- Coming to the Longwear claim, it stayed put for 2-3 days after which it started to chip, especially on my dominant hand.
- It is quite pricey but the quantity is more and the formula is different from average nailpolish. Also, this is mostly on discount on some or the other e-commerce platform.
- I have never had a proper gel manicure in a salon, but compared to any other drugstore faux-line of gel polish I have tried, these win hands down! These are highly glossy when freshly applied.
- Being a vibrant and bright color, the shade Wild Card will suit fair to medium skin tones.
- This is an unusual and super gorgeous shade of blue, and if you are a blue nailpolish fan like me, do check this one out. I am sure you too will end up buying it 😀
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Kiko has an amazing nail polish collection and it keeps launching new limited edition makeup range every now and then. So after the Glitter Metal range and Holographic range of nailpolish, I am reviewing the recently launched Power Pro Special Nail lacquer collection in the shade 94 Mermaid Pink. Only two colors were launched in the ‘Special’ range and the other one is 95 Mermaid Violet.
Price: Rs 550 for 11 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Kiko Power Pro Special Nail Lacquer 94 Mermaid Pink Review
- Kiko Milano Power Pro nail lacquer comes in rounded cuboidal glass packaging with double cap. The outer rounded square cap removes to reveal an easy grip striated brush cap. Kiko Milano logo is engraved on top of both the caps.
- Shade number is written at the back on the peel off sticker booklet. Kiko doesnot write shade names, but only numbers on their products.
- The brush is amazing. It is larger than normal ones, densely packed with rounded edge and follows the shape of nails without staining the skin. The brush helps a lot in fast and mess-free application.
- Consistency of Power Pro Special nail lacquer is neither thick, nor runny and pigmentation is slightly sheer. The normal Power Pro nail polish, however, has slightly creamy texture and insanely rich pigmentation. The ‘Special’ nailpolish being slightly sheer, it takes 2-3 coats for full opacity.
- Like almost all Kiko Milano nailpolish, Power Pro nail lacquer dries really fast.
- The shade Mermaid Pink 94 is a beautiful light peach-pink color with two toned pearlescent effect, similar to the effect of mother of pearl. There is a slight shift in color to purple which looks beautiful.
- I don’t think the shade is VERY extraordinary (unlike THIS shade by Kiko), and an Indian dupe I could think of is shade ‘Pink Pony’ from Nykaa’s Unicorn Potion collection. Maybelline Colorshow also has a faintly similar color (sans the pearl effect)- Pink Voltage. Both these dupe shades are cool toned, whereas Mermaid Pink by Kiko Milano is bit warm toned. Also, Kiko one has a unique pearlescent effect.
- Wear time is 4-5 days without chipping, which is impressive.
- This is bit expensive but the quantity is big.
- The shade Mermaid Pink 94 has a unique elegance and can be carried off by women of all age groups. It will suit fair to medium skintones.
In the swatches below, I have worn it in 3 coats without any base color. In one of the pics I have used it as top coat over different base colors.
Base colors used (Left- Right): Kiko Power Pro 26, no base color, Kiko Power Pro 12, Kiko Power Pro11.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂