I have had this hair glossing serum from The Body Shop for a couple of years and somehow I could never write a review post for it. Usually The Body Shop products just doesn’t work for my hair. I have tried the Banana range (HERE) and Rainforest conditioner (HERE) and had horrible experience with both of them. This glossing serum looked promising at the time, read on to know how it fared.
Price: Rs 995 for 75 ml
Shelf Life: 3 years
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
- The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum comes in attractive light pastel green plastic packaging with pump mechanism. The pump is covered with a transparent cap which shuts tight making it travel friendly.
- The pump dispenses enough product in one go for shoulder length hair, but longer hair like mine will need 2 pumps.
- It smells amazing! I love the fragrance. It is citrusy and lingers on for a couple of hours. There have been a few times when I have applied this serum only for its smell (Though I am pretty sure I have smelled this fragrance as some car perfume :P)
- The consistency is like a thick oil but spreads quite easily and feels light weight on hair. It doesn’t feel greasy on hands either.
- I use this serum on damp towel dried hair and it instantly helps in managing tangles and making my hair smooth, soft and silky.
- I didn’t see much glossing effect on my hair. I have used this on completely dry hair as well to test the glossiness, and it adds a teeny bit of shine but weighs down the hair. You have to be careful about the quantity as a little amount goes a long way.
- It contains Grape seed oil which is lighter than olive or coconut oil, making it ideal for moisturizing and conditioning dry hair without making the hair greasy. Grape seed oil also helps to lock in moisture and prevent frizz, split ends, and brittle hair.
- I don’t have crazily frizzy hair but if you do, this serum will help in taming the frizz to a great extent.
- I love this serum and since only a little quantity is required, the bottle will last long.
- I would recommend this glossing serum to all hair types, except very thin hair as it will weigh your hair down.
(I have THIS nailpolish on my nails)