These are the products used:
Base color – LYN nail enamel in shade ‘Keen on this green’
Stamping plate – Born Pretty L-015, Zjoy- 001 on ring finger
Stamping polish – Born Pretty
Stamp – Born Pretty Clear Jelly Stamper
Top coat – Born Pretty top coat
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I am an eyeliner hoarder and other than nailpolish, eyeliner (colored eyeliner) is what catches my fancy at any store. I am a fan of Colorbar’s eyeliner and after Colorbar, Sephora is my next fav brand. I have already reviewed a gorgeous brown-plum eyeliner by Sephora – Love Affair HERE. In this post I am reviewing another gorgeous shade from the same range- Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 hr wear Galaxy Girl.
Price: Rs 900 for 1.2g
Expiry: 3 years
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 hr wear Galaxy Girl Review
Sephora Contour eye pencil come in black sharpenable pencil with black plastic cap. The end of the pencil is color coded which makes it easier to spot if you have multiple shades from this range. The shade name is written towards the end of the pencil, at bottom of other details. Since this is a sharpenable eyeliner and not retractable, it leads to product wastage whenever you sharpen it.
Galaxy Girl shade is medium dark black base color with beautiful bluish green microglitter. The glitter is more intense than Nykaa Glamoreyes eyeliner. The overall color looks dark grayish green. This comes under glitter section of the range and the glitter is very subtle and not OTT. The dark gray base color makes this a gorgeous work-wear shade if you like to experiment. Pigmentation of Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Galaxy girl is amazing and 1 swipe gives full color intensity. The texture is super creamy and glides easily. It does not tug or pull at the eyelids.
The staying power of this eyeliner is impressive. It does not budge once it sets. It stays put on my eyes whole day (~10 hours). Also, this is waterproof eyeliner, so you do not have to worry if you have watery eyes.
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil does not irritate my eyes. This being a glitter eyeliner, I donot recommend to apply this on waterline since this is a glitter eyeliner.
This eye pencil is formulated without parabens, sulfates and phthalates. Also, it is not tested on animals.
I have not seen a dupe for this eyeliner in Indian brands yet but it is faintly similar to Colorbar i glide eyeliner in shade Coalmine (comparison in pic below). Colorbar Coalmine is proper grey color whereas this is greyish-green.
(Nailpolish base color : THIS by Maybelline, Chevron nail art polish- THIS by Avon)
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Nykaa launched Glamoreyes Eyeliner Pencils a while back and recently added more shades to the range. In this post I am reviewing a gorgeous sapphire blue shade- Azure Charm.
Blue and purple eyeliners are my weakness and I have reviewed some other blue eyeliners here : Colorbar Just Smokey (shade Just Blue), Chambor Dazzle eyeliner (shade Teal Dazzle), L’Oreal gel eyeliner (shade sapphire blue).
Price: Rs 450 for 1.2 g
Expiry: 2.5 years
Nykaa Glamoreyes Eyeliner Pencil Azure Charm Review
Nykaa Glamoreyes eyeliner pencils come in sharpenable pencil form with plastic cap which shuts tight. The outer cardboard packaging has all the manufacturing and ingredient details. The body of the eyeliner pencil is color coordinated to the shade so it is easy to spot if you have multiple shades. The silver detailing on the pencil is attractive which doesnot fade with time (unlike THIS eyeliner pencil).
Nykaa Glamoreyes eyeliner is soft and creamy and glides easily without any tugging or pulling on the eyelids. These are intensely pigmented and 2 swipes gives full color intensity.
These eyeliner pencils are not smudge proof and do smudge when rubbed. The smudging is more if you have hooded eyes or oily eyelids. Since this is in pencil form it needs to be sharpened which leads to product wastage.
Azure Charm is a very unique sapphire blue shade with greenish blue glitter. Being a glitter eyeliner, this is not meant for office wear but looks super pretty when worn otherwise. The shimmer is very fine and not OTT, giving a beautiful dimension to the overall color.
I donot advise applying this eye pencils on lower lash line as the glitter may irritate the eyes.
Pricewise, these eyeliner are not very expensive. But sharpening does lead to product wastage, which is a con.
The nailpolish I’m wearing is THIS one by Kiko
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Sugar cosmetics launched Arabian Nights collection in its Tip Tac Toe Pro nailpolish range a few months back and I immediately purchased two shades from this range. I have already reviewed the shade Beauty with Bronze (stunning bronze color) and in this post I am reviewing a gorgeous shade Golden Green.
Price: Rs 299 for 10 ml
Shelf Life: 2 years
Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer Pro Golden Green Review
- Sugar cosmetics Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer comes in their signature cuboidal bottle with square cap. The nailpolish bottle is housed in cardboard packaging which contain all the necessary manufacturing and other details.
- The brand name is printed at the front of the bottle cap and brand logo at the top. The shade name is stickered at the bottom of the polish. I had some issue with the cap of another nailpolish by Sugar (read about it HERE) and thankfully this nailpolish bottle is fine.
- Sugar Cosmetics has such fun names for their shades– be it nailpolish or lipsticks. But the name ‘Golden Green’ for this gorgeous nailpolish is rather boring.
- I am not very impressed with the brush of Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquers. The straight ended brush always makes a mess around the nail bed during application.
- Golden Green is a gorgeous moss green color with heavy green, olive-gold and bronze shimmer. The shimmer is very fine and reflects the light so beautifully. The shift in color is towards olive tones.
- It dries to a smooth, glossy finish and doesnot have gritty or sandy texture (like THIS nailpolish). All the shades in this range have a black jelly base color with different colored shimmers. It looks almost foil like in direct light which takes the beauty of this shade to whole another level.
- The consistency is just right and pigmentation is decent. Being a jelly base it is slightly translucent in first coat, but gives full coverage in 2 coats.
- This nailpolish dries fast so you don’t have to wait much between application of multiple coats.
- Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer claim to be non-toxic with Nine-free formula, i.e., no parabens, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde resin, acetone and ethyl tosylamide.
- Sadly, it didn’t last that long as I wanted it to. I could see tip wear by the end of 2nd day and chipping after 4 days. The glossiness starts to fade after 2-3 days.
I have a similar shade in Revlon Nail Enamel (swatched HERE)- golden green glitter in black jelly base. The Revlon one has chunkier glitter and Sugar’s Golden Green has fine shimmer.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Sugar cosmetics launched 6 metallic shades in its Tip Tac Toe Pro Nail polish collection last year and I have a couple of shades with me. In this post I am reviewing the shade ‘Deep Down Diopside‘, which I received in one of the Fab bags (HERE).
Price: Rs 299 for 10 ml
Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer Pro Deep Down Diopside Review
- Sugar Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer come in cuboidal glass packaging with black cap.
- The nailpolish bottle is housed in cardboard packaging with all necessary details on the sides. The shade name is written on a tiny sticker along the side of the cardboard packaging, so it is difficult to sort if you stash the polish along with its outer packing. (THIS nailpolish by Chambor has a cute cutout in its cardboard packaging for easy spotting).
- The bottle cap being cuboidal in shape doesnot always sit in line with the bottle when you shut it tight. It will be tad loose if you try to keep the shape of bottle, and if you shut it tight the overall cuboidal shape is lost. THIS nailpolish by Sephora is perfect in this regard. The shade name is stickered at the bottom.
- The brush is short and straight ended which makes the application messy around the curve of nail bed. I like U-shaped brush like in THIS nailpolish.
- Tip Tac Toe Pro nail lacquer is amazingly pigmented and gives full coverage in one coat itself.
- Like any metallic nail color, this nailpolish is bit streaky so you need to apply it carefully to avoid visible brush strokes.
- Deep Down Diopside is a beautiful sea green color with hint of blue. Sugar describes it as emerald green, but this is not an emerald green color. I have done a huge post on Emerald green when it was Pantone color of the year, check HERE.
- This is a metallic shade with diffused shine, which looks attractive.
- Tip Tac Toe nail lacquer Pro dries really fast. One of the fastest drying polishes I have tried (and I have tried many! :D). This makes it perfect for times when you want to apply in jiffy.
- Lasts 4 days without chipping and with minor tip wear.
- Shade Deep Down Diopside is very very similar to Nykaa Mirror Chrome nailpolish in shade Lunar Green River. I have both and a comparison pic is at the end of this post.
- Tip Tac Toe nail polish have Nine-free formula: No parabens, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde resin, acetone and ethyl tosylamide.
See the similarity? Sugar Tip Tac Toe metallic nailpolish ‘Deep Down Diopside‘ is only tad brighter than Nykaa Mirror Chrome nailpolish ‘Lunar Green River‘. I will do a separate post on full comparison between these two polishes.
Overall, Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail lacquer Pro come in cuboidal glass bottle with cuboidal black cap. The cap does not always sit in line with the bottle when you shut it tight. The brush is short and straight which makes the application messy. The shade Deep Down Diopside is a gorgeous metallic sea green color with hints of blue. The pigmentation is insane and gives full opaque coverage in one coat itself. However, being a metallic finish it tends to be streaky and needs to be applied carefully. It dries super quickly. I will definitely purchase more shades from the range.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I don’t have many Sephora products (only a couple eyeliners, HERE) and this is my first Sephora nailpolish. There were not many options for nailpolish in the store as I was hoping (I was expecting Kiko like shade selections), but nevertheless I spotted this beautiful shade- Walk on the wild side which I am reviewing in this post.
Price: Rs 390 for 5 ml
Sephora Color Hit Nail polish Walk on the Wild Side Review
- Sephora Color Hit nailpolish comes in an interesting packaging– sleek, flat, oval shape which is so convenient to use, especially while opening. The cap lies nicely with the shape when you close it, unlike some nailpolish where you either have to keep it loose or make it too tight in order to make it sit in line with the bottle. Because of the sleek bottle design it doesn’t take much space in bag while travelling.
- The shade name is stickered on top and ingredient details is at the back in peel off sticker.
- The brush is amazing. It is short, wide with rounded edges, just the way I like it. It makes the application easy especially around cuticles.
- The consistency is creamy and pigmentation is topnotch. I was not expecting the pigmentation to be so good honestly. One coat gives opaque coverage and you can get away with wearing single coat only. I like to wear two coats just to intensify the color.
- The shade Walk on the Wild side is a gorgeous shimmery peacock green color which looks metallic and foil-like. It has slight duochrome effect with a golden sheen. The shade reminds me of mermaids.
- Walk on the wild side shade being metallic, it tends to get streaky with visible brush strokes, especially in one coat. So you have to be careful while applying.
- It dries down super quick. By the time you finish painting all 10 fingers, you can start with another coat almost immediately.
- Sephora nailpolish are quite pricey for the quantity. But there are some shades (like this one) which you wont find easily in other (Indian) brands.
- Wear time is ok. Lasted 4 days without chipping.
Avon Metallic nailpolish in shade ‘Jade Reflection’ (reviewed HERE) is a dupe, but it doesnot have the shimmering effect, depth and duochrome effect which Sephora Walk on the Wild side nailpolish does.
see the sleek design
Overall, Sephora nailpolish come in interesting and sleek oval glass packaging. The brush is wide with rounded corners which makes application easy around cuticles. The shade Walk on the Wild side is a gorgeous metallic peacock green color which looks foil like. The brush stroke are visible in one coat so you need to apply carefully. The pigmentation is amazing and goes opaque in single coat. Consistency is creamy and dries super quick. The only con I could find is that it is pricey for the quantity. I will purchase Sephora nailpolish only if I find an interesting shade.
I am impressed with Avon nailpolish especially the Metallic range which has some really beautiful colors. I have reviewed the shade Icy Purple (right one in pic above) and a gorgeous emerald color Noir Emerald (centre in pic) and here I am reviewing shade Jade Reflection.
Price: Rs 249 for 8 ml
Avon Metallic Effects Nail Enamel Jade Reflection review
Avon Metallic effects nail enamel comes in rectangular packaging with shade name written on the front. The brush is short and decent, not too bad not too great either. The straight tip makes the application messy around the cuticles. I always prefer rounded brush (like in THIS nailpolish).
Jade Reflection is a beautiful moss green color with a metallic finish. The formula is rich and creamy. The consistency is great, neither thick nor thin. The pigmentation is excellent and gives full opacity in one coat. I have still applied two coats in the swatches below. Like any other metallic polishes, the brush strokes are visible so apply it carefully and neatly. This nail polish dries quickly.
This is not very long lasting nail polish just like many metallic nailpolish. Minor tip wear starts next day itself if you don’t wear a topcoat. Also, the shine tends to dull after 2-3 days. Proper chipping sets in after 4-5 days.
Overall, Avon Metallic effects nail enamel in shade Jade Reflection is a beautiful metallic moss green color. The pigmentation is impressive and 1 coat goes fully opaque. However, the brush strokes are visible so you need to apply it carefully. It dries quickly and shine stays put for 2-3 days after which it starts to dull. The only drawback I could find is that these are not long lasting. But an additional top coat can always prolong the wear time. I am in love with the unique color and you should check this out if you love metallic nail colors.