So I’m ending this year with an Empties post and here are my recent Empties + their mini reviews:
- Olay Total Effects Anti Ageing Day cream: This is a recurring product in my skincare regime and I keep going back to this day cream. I don’t have major wrinkles or anti-ageing concerns, I only wanted a decent day cream which could moisturize my dry skin in winters as well as summers. This cream is highly emollient and absorbs into the skin nicely. I could see a major improvement in my mum’s skin texture on prolonged usage of this cream. (Price: Rs 799 for 50 g )
2. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: I don’t have oily skin but my husband does and he gets occasional acne. I got this tea tree oil for him and it does its work to some extent. It didn’t miraculously erase the pimple in one night but definitely did help in shortening the pimple life 😛 I have reviewed the facewash from this range HERE. The packaging is tricky and I wish the cap came with simpler packaging. (Price: Rs 645 for 10 ml)
3. Colorbar Rapid Dry Top Coat: I had this top coat for quite some time with me and since it’s a big bottle it lasts fairly long. This is not a super quick drying top coat but does dry rapidly. The only con is that it becomes gloopy after you finish about 2/3rd product, so the rest of the product goes waste. Will not repurchase and try different brands. Also, Colorbar has changed all its nailpolish packaging. (Price: Rs 399 for 12ml )
4. Forest Essentials Facial Ubtan Roop Nikhar Gulab: Forest Essentials is my most fav skincare brand and its products rarely disappoint me (except THIS product). I got this ubtan long back and FE has now revamped its packaging. The ubtan smells heavenly of roses and makes skin soft, supple and radiant with continued uses. I like to mix this ubtan with some other ingredients and rarely used it on its own. I am currently testing a different ubtan from the same brand but will definitely repurchase this one in future. (Price: Rs 1025 for 70 g)
5. L’Occitane Fleur D’or & Acacia Luminous Body Oil: Body Oil are a staple in Delhi winters for me and I bought this dry oil from L’Occitane long ago. It smells amazingly and absorbs quickly without leaving the skin oily, since this is a dry oil. I have also used it as serum for my hair and it leaves hair smooth and frizz free. Price is a con and I think it is now discontinued in Indian stores. (Price: 2390 for 100 ml)
Empties Vol. 4
Empties Vol. 3
Empties Vol. 2
Empties Vol. 1
Here are my recent empties and their mini reviews-
- The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Conditioner: The Body Shop products are raved throughout the world, but its haircare just doesnt work for me. I HATED this conditioner. It caused hairfall in multiple steps- during the application of conditioner, while washing it off, and after drying the hair. I will never ever repurchase it again. I have tried the Banana range as well and that didn’t go well with my hair either. (Price Rs 795 for 250 ml).
2. Inglot Nail Enamel Remover: This nailpolish remover used to be my holy grail for many years. I have finished so many bottles, both small orange packaging (25 ml) and this bigger one. This nailpolish remover doesnot dry the nails and removes most nailpolish in one swipe. This nailpolish remover is gentle on the nails, but its price is the main problem. It is quite pricey for a nailpolish remover which is why I have now switched to the Colorbar one. (Rs 550 for 100ml, price may have increased now).
3. FabIndia Rose and Almond Body Butter: I have had this body cream for a couple of years and somehow I could never finish it. I had to deliberately hide all other body lotions and moisturizers lying around so that I could finish this one. This body butter is quite rich and slightly thick than nivea soft/ ponds cold cream. It is highly moisturizing and thus more suitable for cold weather. The fragrance is amazing and smells beautifully of roses. FabIndia has now revamped the packaging of all its skincare and hair care products. The one in pic is the old packaging. (Price Rs 360 for 100 ml).
4. Garnier Ultra Blends 5 Precious Herbs Conditioner: Garnier relaunched its Ultra Blends range 2 years back and I have tried 2 or 3 variants already. THIS conditioner by Garnier is my all time favorite and I had high expectations from its Ultra Blend range as well. Thankfully it didn’t disappoint. This conditioner is creamy and leaves hair soft, smooth and tangle-free. (Price: Rs 185 for 175 ml).
5. St Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Lotion: I have already finished (and loved) the St Ives Coconut & Orchid body lotion sometime back and I wanted to give other variants a try. This Oatmeal and Shea body lotion is neither too thick, nor too runny. It is non greasy, highly emollient and is absorbed quickly. However, it is tad drying for my dry skin and I liked Coconut & Orchid one better than this one. It has a mildly sweet scent which doesnot linger for long. If you have normal skin and want a light moisturizer, this is perfect for you. (Price Rs 649 for 621 ml).
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Empties Vol. 3
Empties Vol. 2
Empties Vol. 1
These are my recent empties and their mini reviews.
1. The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser
I got this mainly for my husband as he prone to occasional breakout. This is a foaming cleanser with distinct tea tree oil fragrance. It makes the face squeaky clean. I like to use this facewash particularly after removing my makeup. Although, not a must buy for acne prone skin, this is still a good product for oily skinned beauties. Also, it mentions this is suitable for blemished skin, but I didn’t notice any difference on my blemishes. Price: Rs 895 for 150 ml.
2. Yardley Lace Satin perfumed Talc
I love Yardley talc and I keep repurchasing it in different fragrance. I bought this purple variant of the Lace Satin range first time and it was okayish for me. It has a rather soapy fragrance. Other variants like the blue variant or Red Roses (which I have mentioned HERE) are much better fragrance wise. I will not repurchase this purple variant but will definitely buy other fragrances. Price: Rs 90 for 100 g.
3. The Body Shop Wild Argan Solid Oil Lips (Lip balm)
This lip balm is my HG product and I am already on my 4th pot. This is my second favorite lip balm, after the Forest Essentials one (reviewed HERE). It is a bit heavy though but works like charm. Plus, the fragrance is divine. When I bought it for the first time I kept on sniffing the pan like crazy 😛 Price: Rs 625 for 20 ml.
4. Biotique Bio Kelp Protein shampoo
Biotique is a hit or miss brand for me. There’s no middle ground. Either I love their products or absolutely hate them. It mentions on the bottle that this shampoo is suitable for falling hair. But for me, ironically, it led to even more hairfall! This is a very drying shampoo and leads to tangles. I had to use it with a heavy conditioner (along with after wash serum) to make it work. Needless to say I didn’t like this shampoo. Not repurchasing. Price: Rs 299 for 400 ml.
5. Forest Essentials Revitalising Gel Scrub Kashmiri Walnut
Forest Essentials is my Holy Grail in skin care. You can see my love for FE products HERE. Revitalising gel scrub Kashmiri walnut is an amazing gel based scrub with finely milled walnut shell. Forest Essentials products smell heavenly and this one smells amazingly of rose. I will definitely repurchase this one. Price: Rs 1095 for 50 g.
Empties Vol. 1
Empties Vol. 2
Here is my recent empties in one post. I have linked some of the products to their full review.
- Dove Purely Pampering Almond cream and hibiscus body lotion: I really liked this body lotion and I have already bought another variant from this range- Invigorating ritual body lotion. Almond cream and hibiscus variant is so good for dry skin. It is super emollient and spreads easily. The skin is instantly moisturized and a small quantity goes a long way. This is perfect for winters and dry skinned people should buy this without hesitation. I will definitely repurchase this once my current one gets over (Price 395 for 400 ml).
2. Lakme Absolute Makeup remover: I have been using Maybelline makeup remover since forever and switched to this one recently. The packaging is spray packaging and does its job decently. Now I keep switching between this and Maybelline (Price: Rs 275 for 60 ml).
3. Forest Essentials Light Day Lotion Lavender & Neroli SPF 25: This is my Holy Grail for summers and humid months. For winters this will feel a tad dry but this is amazing and perfect for summers for dry skin beauties. Read the full review HERE.
4. The Body Shop Strawberry Body Puree: I got this as part of gift set and honestly I couldn’t wait to finish it up. I didn’t like it and kept it in my bag as hand cream. This is a bit sticky for my liking and I am not a fan of the fragrance. The shower gel of this range, on the other hand, is amazing.
5. Forest Essentials Night Treatment Cream Sandalwood & Saffron: I LOVE this night cream and I cannot say it enough. This variant is for dry skin and I am going to repurchase this when my current night cream gets over. Read the full review HERE.
6. Forest Essentials Aloe Vera Juice: I got this on the insistence of SA mainly to mix with serums and ubtans. This was an okay product, easily dupable and nothing extraordinary. Will not repurchase (Price: Rs 550 for 100 ml).
7. Colorbar Black Fiesta nail polish: You know that I have a thing for nail arts and this nailpolish started the graffiti nail polish trend in India. Unfortunately, this range is now discontinued so I had to quickly grab one wherever I could find. It is now unavailable on Colorbar counters so I bought from Amazon. Read full review HERE.
8. Forest Essentials Kashmiri Saffron and Neem Delicate Facial Cleanser: : I loved this face wash and honestly it took me forever to finish this one bottle. I will definitely repurchase this but not just yet as I want to try other cleansers before I go back to this one. Read full review HERE
9. Sally Hansen Extra Strength Nail polish Remover: This is a fairly big bottle for its price and Sally Hansen is a well known brand so I picked this bottle from Westside when I saw this. However, I did not like this as it takes too much time in removing nailpolish. Will not repurchase. (Price: Rs 275 for 236.5 ml)
10. The Body Shop Moringa Softening Body Milk: This is another product meant for summers. I did not like this body lotion as it was not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. Plus I am not fan of spray packaging for body lotions. Read my full review HERE.
Empties Vol. 1
1. The Body Shop Banana shampoo: To be honest, I was quite relieved when this bottle got over. I HATED this shampoo. Even though it smelt nice, is parabens free, has the goodness of bananas etc etc, this shampoo led to massive hairfall, especially while washing. I still have the conditioner from the same range and that is not as bad as the shampoo, but I would still skip repurchasing it.
2. Maybelline Colorshow Glitter Mania Pink Champagne nailpolish: I love glitter nailpolish and Maybelline launched Glitter Mania range a few years back. Pink Champagne is a beautiful rose pink glitter polish. You can check the swatch in THIS post.
3. Yardley Red Roses talcum powder: I love Yardley talc and I always keep repurchasing in different variants. This one smell beautifully of red roses and you should try it if you love the fragrance of rose.
4. Forest Essentials Sweet Narangi lip balm: This is a repurchase and I will keep on repurchasing it till eternity (or till they discontinue the product) 😀 This is my fav lip balm which also helps in lightening of the lips. Read the full review HERE
5. Marks & Spencer Magnolia Hand & Body lotion: I have used coconut and cocoa butter variant of the range before and I loved it. This one was okay and not that great on my dry skin. It didn’t provide deep nourishment and left the skin feeling dry after half an hour or so. I will skip repurchasing this variant.