Nykaa launched Unicorn Potion range sometime back and I immediately bought two shades from this range. Although Nykaa describes this as ‘Holographic’ polish, these are NOT holographic in any sense. A couple of shades may be duochrome but none of them is Holographic. For the record, THIS is a true Holographic polish. I have reviewed a gorgeous lavender-blue duochrome shade- Frosted Fairy from this range HERE and in this post I am reviewing the shade Mystical Mermaid.
Product description: Be a mermaid and makes waves with our Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Mystical Mermaid. This stunning blue shade is formulated with iridescent pink and silver pearls that give your pinkies an ocean-inspired holographic effect. Dip your pinkies in this magnificent shade and blow some kisses!
Price: Rs 199 for 9 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel Mystical Mermaid review
- Like all Nykaa Nail Enamel, Unicorn Potion range comes in sleek rectangular packaging with brand name at front and product details at the back.
- Unicorn Potion Nail enamel range has an interesting packaging with elongated and pointed cap (copy of Louboutin nailpolish?). The rose gold color of the cap with chrome finish is attractive. The pointed cap makes it bit difficult to store compactly, but otherwise the packaging is stunning and looks quite fancy.
- The shade name is stickered along the side.
- Mystical Mermaid is a surf-blue color with slight pink iridescence. It has blue and pink microshimmer which gives an overall pearl effect. This is a soft color and looks really subtle and pretty. All the shades in this range have a blue shimmer shift which is visible from different angles.
- The consistency of this nailpolish is on the sheer side and needs 3 coats for full coverage. I like to wear this nailpolish on its own without any base color. Wearing a white/ black base color will change the color of the nailpolish.
- There is a slight streaking so you have to apply carefully.
- The brush is long and picks enough quantity for one coat application.
- Staying power for these nailpolish is amazing and lasted 5 days with minor chipping on my hands.
XOXO, Blossom 🙂
Nykaa launched Unicorn Potion range a couple of months back and it was a pleasant surprise to see such collection in Indian market. Although Nykaa describes it as ‘Holographic’ polish, these are NOT holographic in any sense. A couple of shades may be duochrome but none of them is Holographic. For the record, a true Holo polish should reflect light in full spectrum of colors, like THIS nailpolish does. Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel was launched in 5 shades and I have two shades with me. In this post I am reviewing my fav from this range- Frosted Fairy.
Product description: Glittering fairy dust and fairy wings, makes any girl dream of magical things! You are never too old for fairy tales with Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Frosted Fairy. This purple hue with pink and purple iridescent pearl gives the effect of having pixie dust on your tips. You can go ahead and call us your Fairy God Mother!
Price: Rs 199 for 9 ml
Shelf life: 3 years
Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel Frosted Fairy review
All Nykaa Nail Enamel come in sleek rectangular packaging with brand name on front and product details at the back. Unicorn Potion Nail enamel range has an interesting packaging with elongated and pointed cap (copy of Louboutin nailpolish?). The rose gold color of the cap with mirror finish is attractive. The pointed cap makes it bit difficult to carry and store, but otherwise the packaging is stunning and looks quite fancy. The shade name is stickered along the side.
Frosted Fairy is quite a unique shade and I don’t have any such color. This color has perfect balance of blue and purple and pink to give an apt description of unicorns, fairies and pixie dust, how we imagine ’em to be! Frosted fairy is a lavender-blue duochrome color with slight pink iridescence. The shift between the colors is stunning. It has blue microshimmer which gives an overall pearl effect. This is a soft color and looks really subtle and pretty. If you have to pick one shade from this range, pick THIS shade. I have not seen a similar color in Indian market. All the shades in this range have a blue shimmer shift which is visible from different angles.
The consistency of this nailpolish is on the sheer side and needs 3 coats for full coverage. I like to wear this nailpolish on its own without any base color. Wearing a white/ black base color will change the color of the nailpolish. Frosted Fairy nailpolish applies evenly without streaking. The brush is long and picks enough quantity for one coat application.
Staying power for these nailpolish is amazing and it lasted 5 days with minor chipping.
The shade Frosted Fairy may look like it won’t suit deep complexions, but it does! This is such a pretty and unique nail color that you should definitely try it. This nailpolish color is already my mother’s current favorite 😛
Overall, Nykaa Unicorn Potion nail enamel come in rectangular glass packaging with interesting long and pointed rose gold cap. The packaging looks quite fancy. The shade Frosted fairy is a blue-lavender duochrome color with blue and pink iridescence. The color shift looks gorgeous. The consistency is sheer and builds to full opacity in 3 coats. The brush is long and picks enough quantity for single coat. Staying power is good and lasts 5 days with minor chipping. Frosted fairy shade is quite a unique color and will suit all Indian skintones. I will definitely repurchase this.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
I am a big fan of Kiko products, particularly their nailpolish which are amazing. I have many Kiko nailpolish (a part of which are shown HERE). Glitter Metal was a limited edition collection and I couldn’t take my eyes off this beautiful shade when I saw it. Kiko Glitter metal in shade 002 is too pretty not to buy.
A recent limited edition is their gorgeous Holographic nailpolish (reviewed HERE), which is the first true holographic nailpolish to get hold of in India.
Price: Rs 560 for 10 ml
Kiko Glitter Metal Nail Lacquer 002 review
- Kiko Glitter Metal nail lacquer comes in exact same packaging as the Holographic collection (HERE). The bottle is round with removable black cap and separate brush cap.
- Shade number and other details are at the back in form of peel off booklet (which has 6 pages btw!)
- The brush is short and decently wide with rounded edges which helps in easy application especially around cuticles.
- Consistency is slightly runny and pigmentation is good. It goes opaque in 2 coats.
- It dries fast with almost no waiting time in between coats.
- Kiko Glitter Metal nailpolish in shade 002 is a beautiful light pink-mauve color with heavy gold microglitter. It looks soft gold color with hints of pink and mauve. The gold microglitter has slightly blue holo effect and the overall color on nail appears duochrome. The blue holo is more visible in the bottle.
- The glitter is not big and chunky. This is a subtle nailpolish color which is not too in-your-face. It is toned down shade than regular gold/metallic nailpolish colors.
- Wear time is 4-5 days without chipping.
- This is bit expensive but the quantity is big. Also, the shade is one of a kind which you will not find in other Indian brands.
- The shade 002 has a unique elegance and can be carried off with women from all age groups. It will suit all Indian skintones.
Check another duochrome nailpolish which is easier on pocket HERE
see the holo effect?
Overall, Kiko Glitter Metal nail lacquer comes in round glass bottle with two caps. The brush is short but wide enough to pick the right amount of nailpolish. The brush edges is rounded which helps in easy and mess-free application. The consistency is thin and pigmentation is good. It builds to full color in 2-3 coats. Shade 002 is a beautiful pink-mauve color with heavy gold microglitter. The glitter is not in-your-face and has holographic effect, which makes it look duochrome on nails. This is a subtle shade and will suit all Indian skintones, across all age groups. Must buy if you can get hold of it. The only con is that it is bit pricey.
xoxo, Blossom 🙂
Pssst, if you are looking for rose gold nailpolish, THIS is the shade to have.
Colorbar has rebranded the previous 24 ct range of nailpolish as Arteffects range and I have a few shades of the 24 ct range with me. I have already reviewed a gorgeous bronze gold shade- Liquid Gold HERE and in this post I am reviewing my favorite shade of the collection- Pinken Gold.
Price: Rs 325 for 12 ml
Colorbar Arteffects Luxe Nail Lacquer Pinken Gold Review
Colorbar has standardized the nailpolish packaging and you won’t find any of the previous cuboidal packaging at the counters now. The pics below are of old packaging. The new packaging is thick, cube glass bottle which feels heavy (same as in THIS review). The brush is short and stout but wide to pick enough product for 1 coat application. The shade name is stickered at the bottom. Being a bit heavy and huge, it takes up more space in storage than the previous packaging..
Pinken gold is a beautiful dark pink color with gorgeous orange duochrome effect. It has gold and pink microshimmer which gives an added depth to this beautiful color. The consistency is sheer in 1 coat and takes 2-3 coats for full opacity, depending on the thickness of coats you apply. It dries fast and there is no waiting time in between multiple coats application. Pinken Gold is a one of its kind shade with prominent duochrome effect. If you are fond of pink colors, do check this one. The shade is quite different and unique from other shades in Indian market. This nailpolish will suit all skin tones.
Wear time for this nailpolish is good and tip wear starts after 2-3 days (without top coat) on my dominant hand. Proper chipping sets in after 5-6 days. Price is a bit high but this is a big bottle (12 ml) so it is ok if you do the math, compared to other nailpolish in market (Maybelline’s Colorshow range is Rs 175 for 6 ml).
There are many naipolish in market claimed to have duochrome effect. But if you want true duochrome action, this is the nailpolish to look for.
Overall, Colorbar Arteffects Luxe Nailpolish comes in short, glass bottle which feels bulky and heavy compared to Colorbar’s previous packaging. The brush is short and slightly rounded which helps in clean application. The consistency is sheer and needs 3 coats for full coverage. Price wise, this nailpolish is okay for its price as the quantity is big (12 ml). The shade Pinken Gold is a gorgeous pink color with orange duochrome effect. It has pink and golden microglitter which adds a subtle depth to the color. It lasts 5-6 days with tip wear setting after 2-3 day (without top coat). It will suit all Indian skin tones. You don’t get to see true duochrome shades in Indian market and this one is worth the buy. I will definitely repurchase.