So Shea Butter & Pomegranate Lip cream is one of the latest launches from Forest Essentials, and since their lip balms is my absolute absolute favorite (Reviewed HERE), I HAD to try this lip cream. Read on to know how it fared.
Price: Rs 675 for 10 g
Shelf Life: 2 years
Forest Essentials Shea Butter & Pomegranate Lip Cream Review
- Unlike their lip balm, this product is marketed as Lip ‘Cream’ and so comes in a different packing than the lip balm. It comes in a white and silver tube packaging with attractive floral art. The applicator is the slanted tip with hole to dispense product (much like the original Vaseline/ Himalaya lip balms). The applicator part is covered with a black screw cap. The back contains all the product details.
- Also unlike the lip balm, it does not come in additional cardboard packaging.
- Texture is exactly what the name suggests- creamy. Being a cream it has more slip on the lips than the usual balms and may feel a bit off at the starting especially if you apply more than required quantity, since we are accustomed to applying waxy lip balms. But after sometime the lip cream absorbs nicely and feels more comfortable.
- Forest Essentials Shea Butter & Pomegranate Lip Cream does its job well. It makes lips soft and supple and heals chapped bits.
- Forest Essentials is a heaven for amazing smelling products. But surprisingly, this lip cream smells too sweet and artificial for my liking. I was expecting some hints of pomegranate or any other natural fragrance, but the smell disappointed me!
- It stays for 3-4 hours easily.
- The quantity is much more than the lip balms (10 g vs 4 g), and only a teeny tiny amount is needed for 1 application. So this product will last a fairly long time. It is still bit expensive for a lip balm/cream , but this is what is expected from Forest Essentials, as after all it is ‘Luxurious’ Ayurveda, right?
Overall, Shea Butter & pomegranate Lip cream is just okay and does its job fine. It is not a lip balm but a cream so do not expect same texture as the balm. It has more slip at the starting but settles down to comfortable finish after sometime. It does its job nicely, makes lips soft and supple. However, the smell is off putting and feels too sweet, artificial and strong for my liking. As compared to the lip balm, it has more quantity and lasts longer. Only a little quantity is needed for one application. But I will still stick to my fav lip balm FE Sweet Narangi Juice, and probably will not repurchase this lip cream.
(Even lesser quantity is enough on the lips)
xoxo, Blossom 🙂