Holi is hereeeee!!!! I lurve this festival. The colorful hues everywhere, a merriment, celebrations in the air, delicious savories to gorge on… what is NOT to love?? Getting wet in buckets of water splashed on you, small children aiming water balloons at you (though I don’t appreciate it.. you hear that neighbourood children..?), friends and relatives applying colors… The festival sure has some quirk. So while you go out and play holi this year (for which you MUST see THIS post in order to save your hair and skin) follow these tips to stay fashionable and trendy.
1. Wear your hair high up in bun or a french braid. Looks great and very stylish. You can keep your hair down another day if you don’t want your evening spent in washing your hair twice, thrice, even four-five times (True story.. That happened to me!!)
2. Oversized sunglasses will look uber cool whilst protecting your eyes from a misfire of water jets and the colors. Plus it will protect your eyes from harmful UV sun rays.
3. Keep your jewellery minimum. Keep it to one statement piece. I personally like big hoop jhumkis. They add a traditional touch to your overall outfit.
4. Color block. This trend has been in for a long time now. Wear a dark top with a light colored bottom, or a light top with dark bottom.
5. Color ’em paws. Paint your nails with a dark polish. Nail arts won’t be appreciated in a riot of colors, so keep it simple girls. But do choose a dark color to prevent your nails from staining with the holi colors.
And last but not the least, sing along “Balam pichkaari jo tune mujhe maari, to seedhi saadhi chhori sharaabi ho gai” 😀
Youtube link HERE
Hope you have a colorful, stylish and a fun-filled Holi 🙂